ARC Stockton is one of the UKs leading multi-artform centres, closely connected to its local community with a national reputation for its artistic and audience development work.
ARC's mission is to work from its building to enhance the wellbeing of the whole community of Stockton and the Tees Valley, through arts and creative activity, through widening opportunities to experience and participate in the arts, and through partnership with other organisations.
Having achieved financial stability, we have ambitious plans for continued growth.
ARC is seeking new Board members to act as charity trustees for the company who share our commitment to the values and aims of ARC.
2018/19 was another successful year for ARC with our activity including:
In 2018/19, regular funding from Arts Council England and Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council made up approximately 22% of our income, with the remaining 78% generated through ticket sales, hire fees, catering, project grants and other fundraising activity.
ARC's Board of Trustees is responsible for ensuring ARC's aims and objectives are achieved, setting the forward strategy and direction, approving the annual business plan and budget, and monitoring performance and delivery, supporting the Chief Executive and her team.
Board members have a diverse range of skills and backgrounds, which has the benefit of bringing a broad range of perspectives to board discussions, and we value everyones contributions to Board meetings equally. The full Board meets quarterly, with additional ad hoc working or advisory groups convened as required. There is with an expectation that Board members will attend events and activities at ARC throughout the year. Board membership is a voluntary position.
We are keen to continue to increase the diversity of our board in future recruitment and we welcome applications from people interested in the arts with a range of backgrounds including expertise/experience in general business, financial management, running arts, not for profit or commercial organisations, community development, health or applications from those with experience of the issues facing local people will be particularly welcome, as well as individuals with good local networks.
We welcome applications from Black and minority ethnic and disabled candidates who are currently under-represented in our organisation. We offer a flexible and supportive environment and aim to ensure everyone in the organisation is aware of our equality and diversity commitments.
You can download a full job description and person specification here: http://arconline.co.uk/opportunity-to-join-arc%E2%80%99s-board-of-trustees-0
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining ARC's Board, please submit
If you would like an informal chat with a current Board member before applying, please contact Lynne Snowball (Chair) on email@example.com to arrange a convenient time.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Mon 4 Nov 2019 and will be treated confidentially.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview on Wed 20 Nov 2019. Please indicate on your application if you are not able to make this date.